I was nominated by Lazy Hippie Mama for the Liebster Award! She’s anything but lazy and hers is one of the first blogs I ever followed. She mixes environmental awareness with common sense and her posts always make me think. Please check her out!
The Liebster Award highlights blogs that have less than 200 followers (give or take) as a way to recognize new and upcoming blogs. Accepting and paying forward these awards is a great way to expose people to new blogs and give a little recognition to blogs that you like. The 11 blogs I nominated have inspired me, made me think, made me laugh or cry (likely both) and I want to celebrate you.
After being nominated, each nominee must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger that nominated you has created for you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Let all the bloggers know that they have been nominated; but you cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
11 Bloggers I nominate:
Random facts about me:
- I love chocolate.
- Max and Ruby is my favorite kid show.
- I’m getting my hair cut tomorrow.
- I’m annoyingly prompt.
- I generally have two books going at the same time.
- I don’t really have time to read books but I do it anyway.
- I love Nerds and Gobstoppers.
- I love being left-handed because I can mouse with my right hand and write with my left (I know you’re jealous).
- I love watermelon.
- Clearly, I love candy and fruit.
- I don’t like random lists like this.
My answers to 11 random questions:
1. Do you have any pets? What are they?
I have a dog with diarrhea. We had a cat up until last week but we had to put her down
2. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I love connecting with people and reading and responding to comments. It’s not a conversation unless there’s a conversation!
3. What is a goal you have for your blog?
I don’t really have a goal. I like the idea that something I post might be the exact thing someone needed to read at that exact moment. That happens to me all the time and I’m grateful for it.
4. What is your favorite book?
Whatever book I’m reading. I was obsessed with the Harry Potter series.
5. What is your favorite vacation spot?
6. Who is the most important person in your life?
7. What do you want to be doing in 5 years?
I want to continue to be self-employed so that I can spend as much time with my kids as possible.
8. If you had to sum up your life into 2 college majors, what would be the practical major and what would be the useless, for fun major? (example: my college majors are biology and Latin, guess which is which)
Anthropology and Women’s Studies (ironically, those were my college majors).
9. What is the one food you can’t resist?
10. What song is (or was most recently) stuck in your head?
The theme to Max and Ruby.
11. Why did you choose to share number 7 on your list of random facts?
Because it’s random.
Questions for the bloggers I nominated:
- Are you a blogger who replies to comments or who doesn’t?
- What did you have for dinner last night?
- What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- What is the one food you can’t resist?
- What, if any, video games do you play?
- Why do you blog about what you blog about?
- What is your favorite book?
- Do you watch the news? Why or why not?
- Do you believe in coincidences or do you think there’s a reason for why things happen?
- What did you think of Miley’s performance on the VMAs?
Now go have some fun and nominate other fantastic blogs!