I’ve been picked by Rutabaga at The Mercenary Researcher to play a game of tag and to pass on a tasty fruitcake! I know that some of you don’t like these blog games and that’s ok. Of course, the only way you’ll know you’ve been tagged is if you have trackbacks enabled and/or read this blog . It’s just that we write about such serious stuff that sometimes we need to take a break to have fun. There’s only so much introspection, struggling for answers and pondering the universe that I can take. So, if you’ve been tagged, please PLAY! It’ll be fun.
Step 1: Post the rules
Follow the steps. Those are the rules.
Step 2: Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you.
1. I love my son’s Legos as much as he does.
2. I hate the sound of popping balloons.
3. I’m terrified of trampolines.
4. I usually have 2-3 books going at a time.
5. I love the show Survivor.
6. I’m so glad that my kids don’t want to watch Dora incessantly anymore.
7. My favorite color is pink.
8. I live in a brick house.
9. I’ve convinced my kids that the Beatles are kid’s music so that I don’t have to listen to the hokey pokey on repeat.
10. I’m always afraid that I’m going to be accused of shoplifting even thought I haven’t shoplifted since I was 12 (green eye shadow at Revco).
11. I can’t wait for it to rain. I miss the smell of creosote. It’s supposed to be 105 today and no rain in sight. (That’s 3 random things but they’re all connected)
Step 3: Answer the questions given by the tagger (Rutabaga)
1. Coffee? Tea? Coffee for sure, although I have a medical condition that caffeine exasperates so I currently do half-caff. Even a little caffeine is better than none.
2. Do you like the word “Moist”? I like the word when it refers to chocolate cake.
3. Would you eat snake? Gummy snakes, chocolate snakes, snake cake. Eating snake would be like eating tongue.
4. Have you encountered a Funicular? I think so but it was dark, so I’m not sure. Does it feel like a snake?
5. Do you tire of my use of the word “Funicular”? I have young children. Everything makes me tired.
6. Do you wonder why I like Rutabagas? Um, yes.
7. Do you speak Russian? Babushka
8. Do you have sexy accent? If you think a Tucson accent is sexy, then yes indeed.
9. What can I say about this Elixir? I would not eat it with a mouse, I would not eat it in a house.
10. Do you think I can beat you in a round of marathon talking? Yes, but I could beat you at a round of marathon sleeping.
11. Is this number 11? No, it’s double L’s.
Step 4: Create eleven new questions for the people who’ve been tagged…
1. Other than people and pets, what would you grab first if your house was on fire?
2. What was the last book you read or are currently reading?
3. Would you ever do Tough Mudder?
4. Would you actually eat fruitcake?
5. If you have kids, do you sneak their snacks?
6. Do trampolines scare you?
7. Have you ever heard what sounded like a kitty cat in trouble only to discover that it was your new ring tone?
8. Facebook or Twitter?
9. What TV show do you secretly love even though you tell everyone you hate it?
10. What was the last song you heard?
11. What’s your sign? (no, it’s not a pick up line)
Step 5: Tag some people!
And I have to pass some Fruitcake….
I’m passing on the fruitcake to Garden Variety Neurosis Redux. I’m not sure what it means to pass on the fruitcake but I’m pretty sure it’s an honor. At least, Rutabaga told me it was an honor. Bon Appetite!